At a Mastery level, performs CAD design & development activities in support of the Engineering department’s mission.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Works closely with designers, product engineers and team leaders to complete, in a timely manner, necessary working drawings for production units.
- Receives design information from team leader, creates and maintains prints and charts to develop the complete package of engineering documentation for new products and features.
- Assumes responsibility for assigned design work, which includes designing of components, developing various support structures and integrating components into a comprehensive design.
- Regularly performs complex, individual CAD related design activities.
- Works from Engineering Change Notices (ECN’s), Product Change Requests (PCR’s), line audits and user feedback to continually maintain accuracy of the prints & charts.
- Visits production line for the purpose of establishing and maintaining a good relationship with production personnel as well as evaluating this Engineering Team's work.
- Strives continuously for product improvement, cost reductions, and improved quality and manufacturability.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
Requires 2 to 5 years related experience and knowledge equivalent to high school plus additional broad specialized training equal to 2 years of college. Must be well versed in Autodesk Inventor and AutoCAD and a solid understanding and application of design standards. Experience in RV or other manufacturing design preferred, but not required. Must have strong verbal and written communication skills, strong analytical and quantitative skills. Must be able to function effectively in a team oriented, fast paced, positive, stable work environment.
Download Application Form
For more information, contact:
Dept. HRW 7201
903 S. Main Street
Middlebury, IN 46540