Assists the Manager of Codes & Standards with developing, securing approval for, and implementing programs, procedures, and guidelines to ensure that Jayco products satisfy all specified standards and administrative obligations as required by federal, state, and provincial authorities and trade associations.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Keeps abreast of and fully informed regarding all applicable standards.
- Interprets codes and standards, sets conformance guidelines and enforcement positions, and recommends corrective actions or other changes in products/processes to ensure compliance.
- Submits model plans to appropriate agencies for approval prior to delivery of product.
- Resubmits approved model plans for renewal in a timely manner.
- Ensures compliance with federal regulations, maintains adequate file documentation to demonstrate good design and workmanship practices to support product specifications and positions.
- Submits samples and specimens for third party testing and engineering analysis as required to maintain appropriate file documentation.
- Coordinates samples and participates in establishing protocols for in-house testing and engineering analysis, as required, to maintain appropriate file documentation.
- Trains and educates Quality Assurance Department personnel in codes and standards and enforcement positions.
- Provides internal consulting services regarding codes and standards to engineering.
- Provides codes & standards consultation to Jayco suppliers concerning special projects related to/for company products.
- Accompanies all outside standards inspectors for in-plant standards audits.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
Requires 5-7 years related experience and broad knowledge equal to a complete college or university education. Comprehensive, applied knowledge of a wide variety of codes and standards to include CSA, FMVSS, ANSI/NFPA, state regulations, is preferred.
Download Application Form
For more information, contact:
Dept. HRW 7201
903 S. Main Street
Middlebury, IN 46540