Interfaces with dealers and retail customers to ensure that Jayco's product warranty and customer service objectives are administered and accomplished in a timely, cost effective manner.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Communicates with customers to gather facts and negotiates an appropriate solution.
- Answers telephone and written inquiries via letters/e-mail from dealers and retail customers. Contacts range from routine warranty matters to extremely complicated, hot, emergency and sensitive customer service/dealer relations problems.
- Determines the nature of the call and, operating within standard practice, attempts to determine solutions that are satisfactory with the dealer/customer.
- Authorizes dealers to perform warranty work up to $5000.00 total.
- Communicates with non-Jayco repair centers providing information, authorizing repairs and supplying parts.
- Initiates the return of units to Jayco for repairs.
- Files incident reports when there is property damage, personal injury or fire.
- Provides technical service information to dealers and customers. Provides information on repair procedures.
- Facilitates the resolution of disputes between dealers and retail customers.
- Performs other collateral duties, negotiates disputes or claim payments/allowances, arranges for transportation of returned parts or units, prepares technical service bulletins; visits dealers, club rallies, etc.
- Enters pertinent information from a variety of sources into unit file for future reference by appropriate personnel.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Requires 5 to 7 years related experience and knowledge equivalent to high school plus additional broad, specialized training equal to 2 years college. Requires knowledge of RV construction processes, knowledge of Jayco warranties, codes and standards, and other regulations (e.g. "Lemon Laws"). The incumbent must have excellent communications skills and customer service skills, the ability to diagnose problems and recommend solutions that satisfy Jayco's customer service objectives and remain consistent with warranty practices.
Download Application Form
For more information, contact:
Dept. HRW 7201
903 S. Main Street
Middlebury, IN 46540