Designs electrical systems for manufactured product that best achieves company goals as it relates to safety, value, manufacturability, and customer satisfaction.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Designs and maintains wire bundle assemblies, specifies electrical termination and installation components to enhance functionality, manufacturability, and dependability of the manufactured product.
- Analyzes, evaluates, tests, and recommends electrical appliances, components, equipment, and tools.
- Designs electrical schematic drawings that show function and location of systems and sub-systems.
- Works with production to resolve electrical issues as they arise.
- Develops applications that streamline drafting efficiencies and drawing integrity.
- Develops and trains manufacturing personnel to assemble, install, test, and troubleshoot electrical equipment.
- Communicates to appropriate personnel each committed change that affects electrical form, fit, and finish of the manufactured product through an ECN.
- Plans and implements electrical projects, establishes a measurable QA plan which reduces electrical warranty claims.
- Participates in documenting reliable methods and standards that utilize proven techniques to achieve excellence.
- Supports prototyping activities to ensure designs are complete; assists manufacturing with implementation.
- Attends company meetings (i.e., dealer seminar, product meetings, etc.) as required.
- Performs other related duties, as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
Requires 7 to 10 years related experience and knowledge equivalent to a complete college or university education. Must be able to work with live electricity (both 12v & 120v) and perform theoretical and practical electrical calculations. Must be able to effectively communicate at all levels of the company.
Download Application Form
For more information, contact:
Dept. HRW 7201
903 S. Main Street
Middlebury, IN 46540