Supervises all shop activities and personnel to ensure all repairs are completed in a timely manner and are of quality workmanship. Schedules, upon request, work for Factory Service Repair Center.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Contributes to organizational effectiveness and productivity by acting and communicating in a manner such that good relationships are maintained with co-workers, management, customers and others.
- Serves as liaison between retail customers and Starcraft in problem resolution before, during and after customer unit is repaired. Meet with owners at their unit to review all items on the owner’s list. Go over all repairs with technician at start of repairs. Inspects all Factory Service repairs when completed. Meet with owners to review all items on the owner’s lists and the add-on’s list to ensure customer is satisfied with repair service.
- Coordinates with walk-in customers and assists them with information or service needed.
- Prepares estimates on all customer pay and transportation damage to ensure they are complete and submitted on a timely basis. Prepares and complete all invoices and warranty forms for all work done by Factory Service.
- Arranges and follow through with all sublet repairs including sewing, repairs, paint repairs and major fiberglass repairs with outside body shop, professional carpet and upholstery cleaning and appliance repair.
- Makes arrangements at local motels for customer when their units are in our shop for repairs. Follow up on customer reimbursements for extraordinary expenses (fuel, meals, lodging, etc.).
- Plans and assigns service work to technicians
- Obtains all parts required to perform planned repairs.
- Controls performance by checking work in process and instituting corrective actions.
- Leads by instructing existing employees in methods or procedures, answering questions, training new employees, participating in and/or effectively recommending personnel actions (i.e., selection, discipline, etc.).
- Ensures that housekeeping and safety standards are maintained.
- Secures additional resources from other departments to manage back log of service work.
- Checks and approves all repair jobs done in the shop.
- Maintains inventory of all units in the field awaiting service/repair.
- Trains and instructs retail customers picking up their units at the factory. Explains all operating and safety features, etc.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
Requires 5 to 7 years related experience and knowledge equivalent to high school plus additional broad specialized training equal to 2 years of college. Requires a thorough knowledge of heating, ventilation, air conditioning, refrigeration and electrical systems. Requires the ability to use and instruct others in the usage of a wide variety of hand tools and test equipment. Requires a thorough working knowledge of RV industry codes and standards. Requires a thorough working knowledge of construction techniques for all types of recreational vehicles.
Download Application Form
For more information, contact:
Dept. HRW 7201
903 S. Main Street
Middlebury, IN 46540