Performs general maintenance and repair of building structures and their mechanical, electrical, or sanitary systems. May perform general maintenance and machinery repair.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Repairs and maintains physical structures using hand and power tools.
- Paints structures, performs masonry work, repairs plumbing fixtures and woodwork.
- Repairs tools and equipment.
- Repairs, maintains and installs minor electrical systems and fixtures.
- Patches concrete and performs repairs on roofs and furniture.
- Performs occasional painting or touch-up of structure or equipment.
- Performs welding activities, as required.
- Installs and maintains locks and related door hardware.
- Assists with building and grounds work, snow removal, etc.
- Performs other related duties, as required.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
Requires 3 – 5 years related experience and knowledge equivalent to high school plus 1 – 3 years applied trades training in a particular or specialized occupation. Incumbent must possess a basic practical knowledge of several maintenance trades and be able to use a variety of hand and power tools. Must be able to occasionally lift up to 60 lbs.
Download Application Form
For more information, contact:
Dept. HRW 7201
903 S. Main Street
Middlebury, IN 46540