Ensures the integrity and reliability of the inventory status database and recommends effective physical stock keeping of production materials, enabling manufacturing to achieve the master production schedule.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintains valid, accurate and up-to-date data base information in assigned areas by utilizing cycle counts, system reports, queries, ECN’s and item masters.
- Utilizes a thorough understanding of the company’s relational database as well as various analytical tools (i.e., queries, spreadsheets, etc.), to develop improved inventory management information, systems, and procedures to maintain a minimum inventory record accuracy of 95%.
- Provides direction and works cooperatively with manufacturing, purchasing, and suppliers to minimize back orders, substitutions, and obsolescence risk.
- Performs or coordinates various analytical studies of inventory performance (i.e., ABC, usage patterns, days of supply, excess and obsolete, etc.).
- Assists in the planning, organization, and direction of the physical counting and data entry activities required for physical inventory.
- Works with Shop Floor Personnel, Foreman, and Superintendent to resolve materials issues affecting the floor. Develops and maintains shop floor communication.
- Processes transaction that support the materials management systems, including interplant materials transfers, RGR's.
- Maintains the accuracy of the balance on hand records by properly managing the KanBan system and tracking of material movement to and from assigned storage locations.
- Trains new Inventory Control Coordinators in all aspects of the material control function and systems.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Requires 5 to 7 years related experience and knowledge equivalent to high school plus additional broad specialized training equal to 2 years of college. Requires knowledge of company products and manufacturing processes as well as an understanding of a closed-loop MRP system in a manufacturing environment, especially the functions of inventory control, cycle counting, and receiving. Good keyboard and math skills with a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail, along with excellent communication skills.
Download Application Form
For more information, contact:
Dept. HRW 7201
903 S. Main Street
Middlebury, IN 46540