Provides broad technical and analytical expertise in all areas of inventory management, manufacturing planning and scheduling and internal company processes to facilitate the timely completion of various projects and the successful introduction of improved planning and scheduling procedures. Prepares and maintains material plans and production schedules for assigned components and sub-assemblies which provide a smooth flow of matched sets of parts, enabling manufacturing to achieve the master production schedule. Ensures the integrity and reliability of the inventory status database and recommends effective physical stock keeping of production materials
Duties and Responsibilities
- Performs or coordinates various analytical studies of inventory performance (i.e., ABC, usage patterns, days of supply, excess and obsolete, etc.).
- Develop and communicate inventory management policies and procedures throughout the company, and educates & trains others as required.
- Purchases production material to meet production needs. Expedites backorders, and processes reports to determine how much and when parts should arrive.
- Communicates quality issues and resolves same with suppliers. Addresses material issues, delivery, and new products with suppliers.
- Determines the disposition of rejected material (returns to suppliers, scraps, etc.). Writes up necessary paperwork for credit, etc.
- Performs data entry of new parts, adjusting order quantities. Performs supplier charge backs for late material, poor quality, etc.
- Works with shop floor personnel, and management to resolve materials issues.
- Establishes and maintains appropriate "order policies", lot sizes, lead times, etc., based on projected future requirements, available material and capacity, and trade-offs between inventory carrying cost and shop efficiencies; using system tools (reports, queries, etc.) maintains accurate database information.
- Maintains scheduled work orders to assure accuracy of parts to be used, quantities and sequencing. and reviews sales order changes and determines availability of parts required to complete change order.
- Coordinates and communicates with purchasing, suppliers, manufacturing, and master scheduling regarding shortages, reschedules, scrap/re-work or other quality problems, etc.; initiates corrective actions when necessary.
- Processes paperwork as required to support the materials management function, including interplant materials transfers, RGR's, ECN’s, item master request forms, shortage reports, receipt reports, purchase order issue, and forecast sheets.
- Prepares and distributes shop work orders, as required, and maintains the validity of the schedule dates and quantities on the dispatch list by updating status in the computer system.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Requires 5 to 7 years related experience and knowledge equivalent to high school plus additional broad specialized training equal to two years college. Requires knowledge of company products and manufacturing processes with an understanding of a closed-loop MRPII system, especially the functions of material and capacity planning, purchasing, inventory control and cycle counting. Must be able to work with and communicate with personnel at all levels of the company, as well as suppliers. Requires good organizational and critical thinking skills. Must be able to handle multiple tasks. Good keyboard and math skills with a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail, along with excellent communication skills. APICS certification a plus.
Download Application Form
For more information, contact:
Dept. HRW 7201
903 S. Main Street
Middlebury, IN 46540