Develops and designs Jayco recreation vehicle products in a timely manner to satisfy marketability and manufacturability requirements. Ensures all necessary engineering records and documentation are completed to support the ongoing manufacture of products. Suggests, develops, and evaluates new floor plans, new products, etc.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Oversees engineering projects, interfaces extensively with Product Development Team on change requests and design and supplier issues.
- Ensures, with corporate engineering, that designs satisfy all engineering parameters (structural, functional, etc.), industry codes and standards, state or provincial codes & standards, and Jayco quality standards. Interacts with manufacturing, purchasing and suppliers to ensure proper tolerances are established and maintained.
- Processes change requests as assigned by Product Manager.
- Ensures that manufacturing areas are fully informed of new product requirements.
- Ensures that specifications are up to date & accurate, and reviews product literature to ensure its integrity.
- Provides product related information to a wide variety of parties throughout the course of the year including dealers, customer service, warranty, purchasing, manufacturing, etc.
- Attends dealer meetings, seminars, industry shows, and similar events to provide product information and suggests ideas for new product development.
- Performs a variety of projects to identify cost reduction opportunities, improvequality, manufacturability, etc.
- Develops models, mock-ups, etc. to work on product improvement, cost reductions, etc. with negotiated manufacturing and or corporate engineering involvement.
- Interfaces extensively with others within the company and with industry personnel.
- Interacts with appropriate areas within, and at times outside, assigned operational areas to achieve company, operations, product development and quality goals and objectives.
- Continues involvement with and skill development in order to utilize technology changes to improve efficiencies.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
Requires 4-7 years related experience and knowledge equivalent to high school plus additional broad, specialized training equal to 2 years college. Incumbent must possess a thorough knowledge of RV construction techniques, engineering standards, industry codes and standards, etc. Must have experience working with Autodesk Inventor and be able to think creatively in terms of product improvement, cost reduction, etc. Requires strong quantitative and analytical skills with the ability to communicate effectively at all levels. Requires good computer skills.
Download Application Form
For more information, contact:
Dept. HRW 7201
903 S. Main Street
Middlebury, IN 46540