Performs a full line of repairs on all Jayco RV's which meet predetermined quality standards and are completed in a timely manner.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Contributes to organizational effectiveness and productivity by acting and communicating in a manner such that good relationships are maintained with co-workers, management, customers and others.
- Assesses required repairs and provides an accurate list of all replacement parts to appropriate parts procurement personnel.
- Adds comments or additional repairs to open work orders with accurate times and materials used in the repair process.
- Performs safety inspection of all components and systems.
- Performs a wide variety of exterior repairs to Jayco units (e.g., repair or replacement of metal, fiberglass repair, molding, compartment doors, water and gas fills, power cord hatches, windows, doors, roofs or roof sections, roof vents, etc.). Greases and packs bearings, adjusts brakes, repairs and adjusts axles.
- Performs repair, replacement or adjustment services on RV frames (e.g., entire frame replacement, welding steps, shock supports, cross members, and camber).
- Performs interior repair/service work including cabinetry, doors, drawers, sidewalls (panels, studs, insulation), ceiling panels (including rafters and insulation), lights, plumbing parts and fixtures, soft goods, floor members (plywood/blandex, floor studding, insulation), carpeting, linoleum, trim, etc.
- Completes rebuild and slideout adjustments.
- Performs repairs or replacement of vendor produced appliances and systems.
- Performs repairs or replacement of electrical (12 volt and 110 volt) and plumbing components and systems.
- May provide training to apprentices/lesser skilled service technicians.
- Applies state seals and other labels, as needed.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
Requires 5 to 7 years related experience and knowledge equivalent to high school education plus knowledge equivalent to a 2 year technical college education. Requires the ability to use a wide variety of hand and power tools. Requires thorough working knowledge of all types of recreational vehicles and knowledge of installation, and repair of electronic control systems. RVIA Certified Technician is a plus.
Download Application Form
For more information, contact:
Dept. HRW 7201
903 S. Main Street
Middlebury, IN 46540