Manages the Supplier Base as a valuable resource by seeking suppliers with the best quality, lowest total cost, and on time deliveries.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Negotiates with suppliers of assigned commodities, locates suppliers that meet Jayco's engineering specifications.
- Sets up lines of supply in support of new product startups, works with Line Buyers on initial order quantities and quality/delivery problems.
- Completes price change notices when raw material prices fluctuate or when suppliers change.
- Completes item master by researching suppliers who best can supply parts per engineering specifications.
- Ensures that Buyer/Planners purchase from the specified source of supply at the quoted price and that Jayco part numbers are on each quotation.
- Provides material usage forecasts to suppliers and communicates specification changes.
- Negotiates and issues purchase orders for tooling commitments.
- Maintains accurate records of all correspondence, agreements, and/or commitments between Jayco and suppliers.
- Ensures that written quotes for all parts are on file and up to date.
- Authorizes the substitution of parts/materials and/or suppliers (with the approval of engineering) to avoid shortages or downtime.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Requires 7 to 10 years related experience and knowledge equivalent to a complete college education. Requires strong organizational skills, problem solving, and analytical skills. Requires excellent verbal and written communication skills and good negotiating and computer skills. Must possess knowledge of the RV supplier network, RV components and their application.
Download Application Form
For more information, contact:
Dept. HRW 7201
903 S. Main Street
Middlebury, IN 46540