Develops new products and non-traditional improvements for existing products. Provides consultative engineering and problem-solving services to Engineering, Sales, Production, and After Market Services. Explores materials and processes that are new to the Recreational Vehicle Industry. Works with inter-disciplinary work teams involved in concurrent engineering to improve processes and realize timely innovations to market.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develops innovative components and products, working with input from within the enterprise, researching materials and processes that may not be generally employed in the recreational vehicle industry.
- Work individually, with cross functional teams and the extended enterprise to identify and implement opportunities to optimize and standardize designs in an effort to reduce cost.
- Work individually, with cross functional teams and the extended enterprise to identify and implement solutions to improve product quality
- Work with the extended enterprise to implement new features/functions into the various different product lines.
- Makes presentations concerning technical issues to non-technical managers in terms that can be readily understood.
- Produces/distributes a variety of engineering related reports to appropriate personnel.
- Attends dealer meetings, seminars, industry shows, and similar events on behalf of the company.
- Performs other related duties, as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
Requires 5 to 7 years of related experience in technical problem-solving, materials, product development and task team participation, plus knowledge equivalent to a complete college or university education. Requires excellent analytical and forensic skills and must possess strong written and verbal communication skills at all levels, both inside and outside the company. Must be proficient in the use of computer tools including Microsoft Office Suite and Inventor/Autocad. VA/VE experience and Project Management experience a plus.
Download Application Form
For more information, contact:
Dept. HRW 7201
903 S. Main Street
Middlebury, IN 46540