Manages product categories within the Supply Chain for the Starcraft Division through planning, developing, optimizing, organizing, directing, and evaluating current and perspective suppliers to ensure quality of final product and company profitability.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Negotiate with suppliers and manages contracts to control costs and to avoid production shortages.
- Manage and execute procurement related functions (e.g., develop and implement contract management and procurement frameworks, sourcing strategies, negotiate agreements, draft and manage contracts, etc.)
- Monitor supplier’s overall performance by establishing key performance indicators, monitoring ongoing performance, and improving performance against set goals to improve supply chain.
- Work with suppliers to solve quality and delivery problems while focused on manufacturing and productivity efficiencies.
- Identify and manage risk within the supply chain.
- Maintain accurate records of all correspondence, agreements, and/or commitments between Starcraft and suppliers.
- Analyze, evaluate, and communicate current trends in the marketplace to management team.
- Respond to manufacturing demand and regularly communicate forecasting to suppliers.
- Manage return system for defective material.
- Strive for a flawless supply chain by coordinating with materials buyers, engineering, manufacturing, warranty, and suppliers.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Position requires an organized and detail-oriented individual who can manage overlapping projects, meet deadlines, and efficiently use their time. Also requires strong analytical and mathematical skills and ability to problem solve. Person must possess excellent communication and computer skills. The applicant must be able to initiate projects, understand goals, and follow directions. They will also be able to identify opportunities for improvements. Knowledge of RV suppliers and components preferred but not required.
Download Application Form
For more information, contact:
Dept. HRW 7201
903 S. Main Street
Middlebury, IN 46540