Design Drafter - Middlebury & Topeka, IN
Performs CAD/BOM design & development activities
at a Mastery level.
Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Contributes to organizational effectiveness and productivity by acting and communicating in a manner such that good relationships are maintained with co-workers, management, customers and others.
2. Works closely with designers, product engineers and team leaders to complete, in a timely manner, necessary working drawings for production units.
3. Receives design information from team leader, creates and maintains print, chart & bills of materials (BOM) support databases to develop the complete package of engineering documentation for new products and features.
4. Assumes responsibility for assigned design work, which includes designing of components, developing various support structures and integrating components into a comprehensive design.
5. Regularly performs complex, individual CAD related design activities.
6. Creates single level BOM’s and related assemblies to properly define products.
7. Works from Engineering Change Notices (ECN’s), Product Change Requests (PCR’s), line audits and user feedback to continually maintain accuracy of the print, chart & BOM databases.
8. Strives continuously for product improvement, cost reductions, and improved quality and manufacturability.
9. Interacts with appropriate areas within, and at times outside, assigned operational areas to achieve company, operations, product development and quality goals and objectives.
10. Performs other related duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
Requires 5 to 7 years related experience and knowledge equivalent to high school plus additional broad specialized training equal to 2 years of college. Requires three to six years’ experience as a CAD operator. Requires comprehensive understanding of drafting standards, reasonable mastery of drafting and BOM construction, good computer skills, 3D solid modeling experience required, preferably Autodesk Inventor. Must also have strong verbal and written communication skills, strong analytical and quantitative skills, and related knowledge of MRP and MRPII. Must be able to function effectively in a team environment.
>Dept. HRW 7201<
>903 S. Main Street<
>Middlebury, IN 46540<