Install, maintain, and repair electrical wiring, equipment, and fixtures. Ensure that work is in accordance with relevant codes. Responsible for preventive maintenance, special projects, and emergency repairs maintenance jobs. This is a 1st shift position, Monday – Friday from 6:00 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Demonstrates an advanced knowledge of electrical and facilities repair and maintenance.
- Assemble, install, test, and maintain electrical or electronic wiring, equipment, machinery, apparatus, and fixtures, using hand tools and power tools.
- Perform maintenance and repair of CNC machines (Holzma, Weeke, Onsrud, etc).
- Troubleshooting and repair of electrical, mechanical, hydraulic and electronic components. Typically, this would be electric motors, ball screws, spindle heads, gearboxes, hydraulic components (pumps, cylinders, motors, hoses, etc.), pneumatic components, process control units, and feedback devices.
- Knowledge and experience troubleshooting equipment with automatic tool changers and tool management.
- Inspect electrical systems, equipment, and components to identify hazards, defects, and the need for adjustment or repair, and to ensure compliance with codes and advise management on whether continued operation of equipment could be hazardous.
- Disconnect the machines using proper Lockout/Tagout procedures from electrical and hydraulic power sources, troubleshoot the problem, and make the necessary repairs.
- Test electrical systems and continuity of circuits in electrical wiring, equipment, and fixtures, using testing devices such as ohmmeters, voltmeters, and oscilloscopes, to ensure compatibility and safety of system.
- Plan layout and installation of electrical wiring, equipment and fixtures, based on job specifications and local codes.
- Performs major and minor electrical repairs. Performs start up procedures and trouble shoots electrical and mechanical equipment. Repairs, maintains and installs HVAC systems and makes related adjustments.
- Also, perform typical preventive maintenance on CNC machines (lubricating, replacing bearings, etc.) as well as building maintenance.
- Ability to work in a fast paced, team environment.
- Self-motivated and disciplined to conduct themselves in a professional and courteous manner.
- Knowledge and/or experience with computers and CNC programming is a plus.
- Performs other related duties, as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
5 + years of journeyman electrical experience (Electrical experience with PLCs, PCs, transformers, control circuits). 5+ years of CNC machining equipment preventative maintenance, troubleshooting machines and equipment and making repairs. Experience with mechanical, electrical, hydraulic, and pneumatic maintenance. Maintain equipment in accordance with the manufacturers and Jayco requirements and schedule. Must be able to physically lift/push/pull objects up to 65lbs. Ability to work overtime (some after-hours or Saturdays if needed)
Jayco offers completitive wages and a comprehensive benefits package including health, life, dental, and disability insurance as well as an excellent 401(k) retirement plan, and more!
Download Application Form
For more information, contact:
Dept. HRW 7201
903 S. Main Street
Middlebury, IN 46540