Install, maintain, and repair electrical wiring, equipment, and fixtures. Ensure that work is in accordance with relevant codes. May install or service lights, intercom systems, or electrical control system.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Demonstrates an advanced knowledge of electrical and facilities repair and maintenance.
- Assemble, install, test, and maintain electrical or electronic wiring, equipment, machinery, apparatus, and fixtures, using hand tools and power tools.
- Diagnose malfunctioning systems, machines, and components, using test equipment and hand tools, to locate the cause of a breakdown and correct the problem.
- Connect wires to circuit breakers, transformers, or other components.
- Inspect electrical systems, equipment, and components to identify hazards, defects, and the need for adjustment or repair, and to ensure compliance with codes.
- Advise management on whether continued operation of equipment could be hazardous.
- Test electrical systems and continuity of circuits in electrical wiring, equipment, and fixtures, using testing devices such as ohmmeters, voltmeters, and oscilloscopes, to ensure compatibility and safety of system.
- Plan layout and installation of electrical wiring, equipment and fixtures, based on job specifications and local codes.
- Performs major and minor electrical repairs. Performs start up procedures and trouble shoots electrical and mechanical equipment. Repairs, maintains and installs HVAC systems and makes related adjustments.
- Performs other related duties, as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
5 to 7 years related experience and knowledge equivalent to a 2-year technical college education. Requires working knowledge of several maintenance trades. Requires the ability to work with a wide variety of hand and power tools, and to work from prints/drawings, etc. Must be able to occasionally lift up to 60 lbs.
Download Application Form
For more information, contact:
Dept. HRW 7201
903 S. Main Street
Middlebury, IN 46540