Performs a full line of repairs on all Jayco, Inc. RV's which meet predetermined quality standards and are completed in a timely manner.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Assesses and oversees all required repairs and provides an accurate list of all replacement parts to appropriate parts procurement personnel.
- Meet with owners at their unit to review all items on the owners’ lists and the add-on’s list.
- Performs safety inspection of all components and systems.
- Performs a wide variety of exterior repairs to Jayco units (e.g., repair/ replacement of metal, fiberglass repair, molding, compartment doors, water and gas fills, power cord hatches, windows, doors, roofs or roof sections, roof vents, etc.). Greases and packs bearings, adjusts brakes, repairs and adjusts axles.
- Performs repair, replacement or adjustment services on RV frames (e.g., entire frame replacement, welding steps, shock supports, cross members, and camber).
- Performs interior repair/service work including cabinetry, doors, drawers, sidewalls (panels, studs, insulation), ceiling panels (including rafters and insulation), lights, plumbing parts and fixtures, soft goods, floor members (plywood/blandex, floor studding, insulation), carpeting, linoleum, trim, etc Completes rebuild and slideout adjustments.
- Attends service seminars, and/or makes field visits to facilitate unit repairs, provides training to dealer personnel/retail customers as necessary, performs inspections as assigned.
- May provide training to apprentices/lesser skilled service technicians
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
Requires 5 to 7 years related experience and knowledge equivalent to high school education plus knowledge equivalent to a 2 year technical college education. Requires the ability to use a wide variety of hand and power tools. Requires thorough working knowledge of all types of recreational vehicles and knowledge of installation, repair, and maintenance of HVAC, and electronic control systems.
Download Application Form
For more information, contact:
Dept. HRW 7201
903 S. Main Street
Middlebury, IN 46540