The onset of fall ushers in the need to squeeze out a few more camping trips for the season for those of us further north. But with the new season comes the opportunity for some great fall comfort recipes to cook over a warm campfire. Here’s a recipe that has warm and cozy written all over it for you to try before all the leaves fall from the trees.
Caramel Cinnamon Apple Pie
½ Apple, cut into thin slices
2 crescent rolls, uncooked
- Take a pie iron and spray it with cooking spray.
- Spread uncooked crescent rolls into each side of the pie iron.
- Next, spread the caramel sauce followed by a sprinkle of brown sugar and cinnamon on top of each crescent roll.
- Place the apple slices on one side of the pie iron.
- Next, put the pie iron together and “bake” over the campfire until crescent rolls are cooked and the pie is warm throughout.
- Once baked, remove and enjoy!
Want to take it up a notch? Replace the crescent rolls in cinnamon rolls!