I never thought that I would ever travel the country with a cat in my vehicle, but here I am with almost 40,000 miles together with one very comfortable cat. Choosing to take your cat on the road might seem a little scary at first, but here's how my journey with Goose went.
It took my rescue cat, Goose, about three months to be 100% comfortable while traveling in our Jayco Redhawk. Every time I would turn the engine on, Goose would hide. And once we arrived at our destination, he would stay hidden for a few hours. There wasn't much that I could do to help him, except give him the space to get comfortable on his terms.
- A list of must-have items for RVing with a cat starts with a Litter-Robot. You read that right, it's a robot litter box. This amazing litter box not only self-cleans and is scoop-free, but it doesn't smell at all!
- Goose used to be an indoor and outdoor cat before moving into the RV full-time, so of course, I had to get him a cat tree.
- Keeping up with the simplicity of the automated theme with pet care, I invested in an automatic pet feeder and I absolutely love it.
Because of these things, I never have to worry about whether Goose gets fed, or if his litter box is clean. Cats are by far the easiest pet to travel with. Goose spends approximately 90% of his day sleeping, and the other 10% is used for gazing out the windows at the ever-changing scenery, as we travel the country. Goose's favorite encounter along the journey so far has been seeing his first buffalo.