If you’re like us, you can’t wait to get your Jayco RV up and running for the camping season! In fact, we’re so eager we've compiled a checklist of items for you that will help you have a smooth, hassle-free camping season.
RV START-UP CHECKLIST
- Inspect and work all interior and exterior latches and locks (lube if necessary).
- Make sure the batteries are fully charged and installed correctly.
- Inspect the power cord and carefully clean the contacts if necessary. Plug in the power cord to an appropriate power source.
- Turn on the interior lights and check outlets for polarity. If needed, replace any blown fuses. Check the circuit breakers and test the GFCI.
- Inspect and test all safety detectors. If needed, replace any drained or discharged batteries. If you have a defective or damaged safety detector, replace it immediately.
- Inspect and turn on the propane system. If you have any questions, contact your dealer or a qualified propane service representative for assistance.
- If the propane system is functioning properly, test the pilot lights on range, refrigerator, furnace and water heater (if so equipped).
- Inspect the leveling jacks (if so equipped) for operation. If needed, perform maintenance as specified by the leveling jack manufacturer.
- Test all exterior and interior lights. Replace any bulbs if they are burnt out.
- Inspect the tires for wear, cracks and inflation pressure.
- Wash the exterior of the RV. Do a sealant inspection and repair as necessary.
- De-winterize and sanitize the fresh water system.
- Connect your tow vehicle to the RV and test all connections and lights.
Do you have other ideas to add to the list? Please share!